Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Titan vs General Motors
 Nissan Titan Forums : Titan vs Big 3 And Japan Rival : Titan vs General Motors
Subject Topic: Need testimonials, switching from Gm Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Johnboy

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 16 2005 at 1:40pm | IP Logged Quote Johnboy

I just sold my 1986 1/2 Hardbody , that thing was awesome. 165k and still going with no problems at all (except that anoying part throttle stumble) which i learned to live with for the last 5 or so years. Seems i have a thing for buying new models from Nissan!

White 2004 LE 4X4 CC Nicknamed "BRUTUS"
---------------------------------------------------
I DRINK THE BEER I BREW DRINK!
Back to Top View Johnboy's Profile Search for other posts by Johnboy

Mitch

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 16 2005 at 3:53pm | IP Logged Quote Mitch

My 86 1/2 Hardbody ROCK! Mine was like number 4000 to come off the line in Japan and was the best Nissan I've ever owned! You will be happy with the 05 Titan! My truck hauls arse and I've pulled about 2 tons with it and didn't even notice the extra weight. Only down side is the V8 gas mileage!

1960 Resto Custom Bug (BOOSTED) 0-60 in 4.0
Back to Top View Mitch's Profile Search for other posts by Mitch Visit Mitch's Homepage

tjjtande

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 16 2005 at 5:18pm | IP Logged Quote tjjtande

msolds wrote:
 I am geeting ready to purchase the Titan 4wd Crew. I would like some of you guys out there to give me your input. I am a die hard GM truck person but I am considering switching. Help me please!!

Would recommend a 05, have had a few problems with my 04 CC 4X4, may have addressed a few of the problems they saw in the 04'S, I too drove Chevy, had good luck with my trucks.  Last truck was an 02 with the 6.0 liter, CC 4X4, pulled my enclosed trailer nicely, Titan seems to move the same trailer even better, getting better fuel mileage now finally after 8000 miles, 17.4 empty driving 65, the best I could do with the Chevy was a little better than 15, Tranny seems to run on the hot side when pulling the trailer, ordered the Big tow package but this doesn't include an auxillary tranny cooler like GM does with the tow package, didn't know this until after the fact, planning on installing an aftermarket transmission cooler in the near future. Titan has more room in the back than my Chevy did, much easier to sit in the back now, time will tell how the Titan holds up. There have also been quite a few rear differential failures on the 04'S, never had to worry about this on my Chevys, resale on GM is quite good, depends on what you read, some say Nissan is terrible and the next reader say it is quite good, know the local Dodge dealer in town and he stated that Nissan brings good money at the auctions, overall I am happy with the truck so far, don't consider it to be a substantially better truck than my Chevy, will I by another one (don't know @ this point) Next purchase will be a diesel so will more than likely buy another Chevy, the Ford and Dodge Cummins Diesel's won't be ruled out by any means because I think they are all excellent vehicles, makes it hard for me when purchasing another vehicle since I am not brand loyal, buy the one that appeals to me the best at the time, looked at the horsepower and torque figures between the big 3, liked what I seen with the Titan, read various articles in magazines when they compared these 4 towing trailers and they all made positive remarks about the Titans ability to pull a trailer with ease. You won't be disapointed with your purchase, fun vehicle to drive, purchased the LE CC 4X4 with the Off Road & Big Tow Package, wished I would have gone with the GPS now but this was another $2000.00, if I do buy another Titan will get this the next time around.

Back to Top View tjjtande's Profile Search for other posts by tjjtande

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version