Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: 4x4 lo light turning on and off Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
faceoff13

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 08 2004 at 4:25pm | IP Logged Quote faceoff13

Has anyone had an issue where the 4x4 lo light blinks on and off, even when in 2 wheel drive?  I have had my Titan for about 1 month and this problem started about 2 weeks ago.  It isn't dropping into 4 lo, it just acts like it is.  Any info would be most helpful.

PaulT

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 24 2004 at 4:17pm | IP Logged Quote PaulT

This is how my problem started.  The wire harnass on the transmission is shorting out.  Pretty soon you won't be able to start your truck.  The harnass is corrording.  My TITAN is in the shop waiting for a new transmission .  The dealer said could take up to two weeks.  The mechanic said he thinks it is a design flaw and eventually all the TITANs will have to have the transmission replaced. 
Back to Top View PaulT's Profile Search for other posts by PaulT

titanmike

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Mar 24 2004 at 6:22pm | IP Logged Quote titanmike

Did they say why the whole trans needs repalced if its the wire harness thats the problem?

Back to Top View titanmike's Profile Search for other posts by titanmike

PaulT

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 25 2004 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote PaulT

That was the first question out of my mouth was why the whole tranny had to be replaced.  Apparently this connection is an intrigal part of the tranny and when it goes bad the whloe thing needs to be replaced.  My dealer said they probably stopped production of this tranny.

titanmike

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Mar 26 2004 at 2:19pm | IP Logged Quote titanmike

Has it been replaced yet?
Back to Top View titanmike's Profile Search for other posts by titanmike

Titan
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissan Titan Forums Master Admin

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 27 2004 at 12:52am | IP Logged Quote Titan

PaulT wrote:
This is how my problem started.  The wire harnass on the transmission is shorting out.  Pretty soon you won't be able to start your truck.  The harnass is corrording.  My TITAN is in the shop waiting for a new transmission .  The dealer said could take up to two weeks.  The mechanic said he thinks it is a design flaw and eventually all the TITANs will have to have the transmission replaced. 

Wow a whole tranny replacement? Seems like a very poor design if a small detail makes the whole tranny bad.

Vebro Solutions Advertisement Network

Back to Top View Titan's Profile Search for other posts by Titan Visit Titan's Homepage

PaulT

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 27 2004 at 8:57am | IP Logged Quote PaulT

I just got word from NISSAN.  The transmission is on back order and the soonest my dealer will see it is the 10th of April.  Maybe later.  This NISSAN rep could not tell me if I was getting a new design or the old one.  I was wondering why they could not take a tranny off one of the trucks in the lot if they are givilng me the old design.  I really like my truck but this transmmision problem has got me in the dumps.

Farmer Fred

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Mar 29 2004 at 7:59am | IP Logged Quote Farmer Fred

Is there a TSB on this?  Is your truck a 4WD or 2WD?

roadrash1970

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 01 2004 at 5:11pm | IP Logged Quote roadrash1970

This sounds exactly like what started happening to my Titan 2 days ago.    At all speeds, 4lo light would come on and flash....     BTW its a Crew Cab 4X4 with tow package and off-road package.   3,400 miles on it.

Called the dealer and before I could explain it fully, he said, Oh..We know what that is... Bring it in and we'll take care of it in 45 minutes.     Just got back from the dealership about 2 hours ago (trucks been fine since).   He showed me a service sheet with a picture of the bad part, and the instructions the tech would use to repair it.      His explination was that one of the electrical contact posts is to long (on the sensor and it does't seat, so they are replacing them with a shorter one) and that this sensor monitors what gear the tranny is in.

My invoice states the following.    Verified 4X4 Light flashing, Referred to Service Bullitin NTB04036, Replace Neutral ATP Switch Per instructions.

It took about 45 minutes as stated....    If you have questions call the dealer and have them check that Service Bullitin.

Hope this helps....    reply if I can provide any additional info.

Good Luck

Back to Top View roadrash1970's Profile Search for other posts by roadrash1970

gzinke

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 23 2004 at 2:46pm | IP Logged Quote gzinke

Does anyone know if they have started putting good transmissions in the Titan's yet and if so what date they started?  One time when I was pulling a light trailer (3000#) and I got on the interstate it stuck in 3rd gear for a little bit.  This only happened once, though.  I am hoping that this in not the beginning of it's transmission problems.  The truck had about 1500 miles on it at the time.

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version