Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Mobile Audio / Electronics
 Nissan Titan Forums : Mobile Audio / Electronics
Subject Topic: Under the back seat sub Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TexasTitan1234

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 29 2004 at 1:09pm | IP Logged Quote TexasTitan1234

My goal is to add a 10 or a 12 in. sub under one of my back seats (seems like the most logical space).  I have the crew cab with the Rock Fos upgrade and i was wondering if anybody else has done anything like this.  I'll probably have it professionally installed unless i can just get a great deal on all the parts. 

So far i've gone to cartoys and this guy was trying to sell me all sorts of crap for over $1500 .  All I really want is a 10 or a 12 that has some good sound but nothing too over done.  But being that the space is some small under there im going to need a thin sub right?  And a custom box? And the materials to splice into my current system and add an amp?  Really im only lookin for a 350-400 watt amp to power this. 

Any suggestions, info, or personal examples will help.  And is there a price range I should be looking for because i know 1500 is really high?

Thanks in advance.

Back to Top View TexasTitan1234's Profile Search for other posts by TexasTitan1234

pied_piper
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 29 2004 at 11:22pm | IP Logged Quote pied_piper

Do you have any custom shops close other than Cartoys? I know a friend of mine has an older Toyota ext cab (before the Tundra came out) and had a 12" sub placed directly into the back floor of his truck. It being a smaller truck, using a box would of killed a lot of space. Doing it this way saved a lot of room and it looked really clean. He then had the amp secured in the back, oppisite side of the speaker. This was done at a custom shop (tint, body, stereo, etc.) for well under $1500, including hardware. Just an idea that I know of...
Back to Top View pied_piper's Profile Search for other posts by pied_piper

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 30 2004 at 5:06pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

TexasTitan1234 wrote:

My goal is to add a 10 or a 12 in. sub under one of my back seats (seems like the most logical space).  I have the crew cab with the Rock Fos upgrade ....

I have a king cab and I put 2, 8" woofers in a box under my back seat on the drivers side and an amp under the drivers seat. If you are able to remove the RF woofer under your seat then I would say mount the amp there...If your CC isnt too different from mine under the back seat, I dont see why you couldnt get a single 10", but a 12" will prolly require more air space than you have to work with....check out my pics in the Photo Gallery....GL   

VENDETTA
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 05 2005 at 2:06pm | IP Logged Quote VENDETTA

I have 2 12'' Pheonix Golds under my back seat bein pushed by a 1500watt amp w/capacitor. they sound extremely clean yet i know it has more potential to hit alot harder, I say go with 10's so that your subs can breathe alot better inside the enclosure, more elbow space means louder subs.
Back to Top View VENDETTA's Profile Search for other posts by VENDETTA

mnealp33

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 11 2005 at 4:42pm | IP Logged Quote mnealp33

i had found a box on ebay for 2 10s that fit under the rear seat for the extended cab it should fit almost the same, i would think
Back to Top View mnealp33's Profile Search for other posts by mnealp33

mod507

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 12 2005 at 11:15pm | IP Logged Quote mod507

Where did you find the speaker and power wires to hook up the sub and amp? I have the xe titan with the preferred package in it.         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;   any help is appreciated        & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;       Thanks

Back to Top View mod507's Profile Search for other posts by mod507

monkeyness

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jan 22 2005 at 4:28pm | IP Logged Quote monkeyness

I installed 2 8" 100watt Bazooka tubes under rear seats and they sound great.

heath22

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 25 2005 at 7:17am | IP Logged Quote heath22

JL Audio now makes a Stealthbox that fits under the seat of a Crew Cab.  It has 2 10's and anything that JL makes rocks! 

Now I just have to get the truck....but that's just around the corner.

http://http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/titan.html

Back to Top View heath22's Profile Search for other posts by heath22

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version