Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Brake Issues Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
sonnytimes

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 03 2005 at 1:58pm | IP Logged Quote sonnytimes

At 10,000 miles, mine has just started. I guess I am now in this club also. Dealer said they have to resurface the rotors twice and on the third time he will be able to do the paper work to get the new rotors and pads. He is a great guy to deal with but I am seeing a littttllle tooo much of him. Calgon take me awaaay!!!

04 Crew Cab 4X4 Big Tow 05 Bed 05 Rearend
Back to Top View sonnytimes's Profile Search for other posts by sonnytimes

taylorj

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 03 2005 at 2:15pm | IP Logged Quote taylorj

I had the "final fix" two weeks ago,about 400 miles. Today my started shaking again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! I have called and filed a case against NISSAN. Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Back to Top View taylorj's Profile Search for other posts by taylorj

LATitan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 04 2005 at 9:56am | IP Logged Quote LATitan

For those who upgraded your rims and tires to other than stock....watch out.  I recently upgraded to 20" Rims and Tires and I was told that since I modified/altered the vehicle, I may have voided the warranty.  Luckily, I purchased my rims/tires through the dealer so my warranty was still intact.  They resurfaced the rotors and said that should fix the problem (@5913miles).  I'll keep you posted

SamTheDog

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: May 07 2005 at 12:19am | IP Logged Quote SamTheDog

Aw Sh#t!

I just bought a '05 LE crew cab to replace my wife's Tahoe.  So far the posts I have read seem to focus on the '04's.  Anyone have problems with the '05's?

Thx

Back to Top View SamTheDog's Profile Search for other posts by SamTheDog

noel55

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 10 2005 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote noel55

I had the final fix at the end of April it is to early to tell if it worked but they fell real diffrent not as soft as before. it is a nice new feeling to it that i like but if it doesn't last this truck is gone cause i can't keep going to the garage for repairs this is why i sold my 86 Dodge it nickle and dimed me this nissan so far has just killed a lot of free time
Back to Top View noel55's Profile Search for other posts by noel55

Kevante

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 10 2005 at 2:04pm | IP Logged Quote Kevante

I just got my brakes done again. second set of rotors at 12k they tried cut the other rotors again but they were out of spec. they ordered the kit but is not here.

cintititan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: May 11 2005 at 7:12am | IP Logged Quote cintititan

My dealership replaced my front rotors with the new/improved heavier rotors that Nissan has designed to fix this problem.  So far, so good.  They feel great and better than it did when it was brand new.  They also replaced the rear pads and machined the rear rotors as part of the 'fix'.  We'll see how it goes.

fyi...My rotor problems began around the 6 - 8K mile mark.  I have an '04 CC 4x4 with the big tow package.  I still love the truck and the only other issue I have is some occasional creaking noises from the front doors.

Back to Top View cintititan's Profile Search for other posts by cintititan

SCTitan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 11 2005 at 8:46am | IP Logged Quote SCTitan

I

SCTitan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 11 2005 at 9:12am | IP Logged Quote SCTitan

Hi everyone, I have an 04 Crew Cab Titan purchased on 08/31/2004. I have been to the dealer four times and have had a good experience with them. However, my brakes also started with the shimmy at 4,000 miles and my dealer told me the first time they could fix the problem (This was not the case and the dealer later told me that they were told that my Nissan Corp). Second time, rotors were turned and by then I found out the real problem and so did my dealer. They told me to contact Nissan Corp here in California and let them know about the problem. I did, but I can tell anyone who is going to call Nissan Corp, be ready for a group of people who just don't care. That is really the sad part. I got nowhere with Nissan Corp. I was told by a so-called manager it might be better to contact the BBB. I told him that I would like to deal with Nissan direct, They processed my claim and told me that since I only had two repairs at that time and the brakes were now working correctly (turned rotors) that they would not offer me anything or buy back the truck. One of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had. I told them that the dealer indicated I would be back sooner than later, since they only turned the rotors, their estimate was about 2,000 miles. I was back and got another set. I was back one more time and I'm now on the final fix, (according to Nissan). I did contact the BBB and I now have an arbitration hearing tomorrow 05/12/2005. Hey scotter, if you are still out there, could you tell how you handled them? Thanks. Also, just an FYI, the dealer here in Orange County told me that it is not only the 2004 Titans and Armada's, but they released the 2005 models with the same rotors and brakes. My dealer said they were having 05's comming in with the same problems. Shame on Nissan!!! I will keep you posted on my outcome.

noel55

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 11 2005 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote noel55

yeah nissan are coky pricks when it comes to customer service.  Honestly I might never buy another Nissan because of it they really should do market research on this but they are too stuck up
Back to Top View noel55's Profile Search for other posts by noel55

<< Prev Page of 26 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version