Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Titan Modifications (Performance & Looks)
 Nissan Titan Forums : Titan Modifications (Performance & Looks)
Subject Topic: JBA Exhaust Update NOT GOOD!!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
akoni

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 25 2005 at 11:43pm | IP Logged Quote akoni

JBA Exhaust Update!

Good Morning Everyone, I just received my JBA Cat Back sytem part # 50-1400. JBA changed there product design and sytem now sucks.   

I picked JBA because they change out the resonators with the Cat Back system.  So you get the additional benefit of picking up 8+ HP by having them removed plus another 9+HP for unrestricting the exhaust.  (17HP and 23ft lbs of trq!) JBA no longer replaces the resonators with there Cat Back kits for Titans since the lovely state of CA decided it is a mod to the emissions. $350 for 9HP and 12ft lbs trq is not a good deal but a RIP OFF!!!

I spoke to AC at JBA and he apologized for the mix up (product change!). Another interesting point to make. I received no instructions and the muffler was not a JBA but a K&N! I inquired about this and was informed JBA purchased K&N exhaust devision and is including K&N as a subsitute in there kits. I purchased a JBA not a K&N.

I look forward to hearing from everyone! Pissed OFF and let down!

Cperki1

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 26 2005 at 6:30pm | IP Logged Quote Cperki1

If the resonators are AFTER the cat, then it is not illegal to remove or alter them in any way.

"It's for work!"
Back to Top View Cperki1's Profile Search for other posts by Cperki1

akoni

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Mar 28 2005 at 5:22am | IP Logged Quote akoni

Cperki1 wrote:

If the resonators are AFTER the cat, then it is not illegal to remove or alter them in any way.

My wife told me to go ahead and install it, I may like it. I used there published article from Trucking magazine as instructions and completed the install. The mounting holes on the flanges need to be 1/8" closer together; I had to tap them on with a hammer because the clearances were so tight. (JBA needs to readjust there jig!)

The resonance drone is terrible with the K&N muffler especially from 1400 - 2300 RPM. I examined the inside of the K&N before installing it and noticed there sound absorption material looks likes fiberglass.

The fact that JBA changed there product and did not update there website and dyno results is a misrepresentation a.ka. fraud to the consumer! OK let me purchase a genuine diamond ring on line and get sent a cubic zircon!

I am going to give JBA one opportunity to correct this and redeem the quality of their product and reputation!

IQ9*

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 06 2005 at 11:52pm | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

I have had good luck with JBA headers but I have never used their exhaust. I think you got rooked too but they may have that BS about product substitutions are up to us and we don't need to tell you. Its a shame that they gave you a cheap glasspack muffler that will wear out instead of something more fitting the JBA name and rep.

blackjack7
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 17 2005 at 6:15pm | IP Logged Quote blackjack7

where did you order your JBA system from? i looked at some JBA systems on line that showed the "Y" pipe with the system and i was thinking of ordering one but if they have made changes then i will keep looking. do you know if the first systems were re-called from the vendors?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version