Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

TSB - Technical Bulletins
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical : TSB - Technical Bulletins
Subject Topic: Rear end failure Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
plapin

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jul 13 2006 at 12:51pm | IP Logged Quote plapin

Has anyone got any insight into rear end failures with the Nissan Titan? I have a Titan with the towing package - it has 14K miles on it and the rear end is being replaced today under warranty.  Started to get a very noticeable whine while on a recent trip.  I have pulled a travel trailer that weighs perhaps 3,500 gross - not much of a load!  The dealer service people told me there had been "some problems" with the early rear-ends, and that I would be getting an "upgraded" one.  Thanks in advance for any comments.

Back to Top View plapin's Profile Search for other posts by plapin

V8 Truck Dude

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 29 2006 at 6:49pm | IP Logged Quote V8 Truck Dude

We had the first rear axle fail at 7000 miles. Now with 36000 it happened again. The first warentee took 6 weeks. We hope this warentee won't take as long. The service manager looked up all the internal parts inside the rear diff looking for updated (improved) internal parts. NO change. The manufaturer is simply sending out the same diff!  That's crazy. We luv this truck. The motor is awesome! But were selling it now. If Nissan actually would have addressed the diff problem with an improved part we would never sell this truck. But we can't trust it now. Bye Bye Titan!

Anyone else had a second diff fail?

Back to Top View V8 Truck Dude's Profile Search for other posts by V8 Truck Dude

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version