Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Videos / Photos
 Nissan Titan Forums : Videos / Photos
Subject Topic: Titans With Lift Kits Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Titan
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissan Titan Forums Master Admin

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 31 2004 at 1:19pm | IP Logged Quote Titan

Vebro Solutions Advertisement Network

Back to Top View Titan's Profile Search for other posts by Titan Visit Titan's Homepage

derwud

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 31 2004 at 10:23pm | IP Logged Quote derwud

I've driven the CST crew cab, that is one sweet truck. It will end up being one sweet truck when it's done.
Back to Top View derwud's Profile Search for other posts by derwud

Keith

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Mar 28 2004 at 1:26pm | IP Logged Quote Keith

That truck is sick!!! But whats the price tag on that lift kit? What kind of rims are on their " Welds " What size tires 36' ?  Let me know
Back to Top View Keith's Profile Search for other posts by Keith

RI Xterra
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 28 2004 at 4:30pm | IP Logged Quote RI Xterra

The kit is pretty exspensive and keep in mind it's for the 2WD's only... they go for $1995.00
Back to Top View RI Xterra's Profile Search for other posts by RI Xterra Visit RI Xterra's Homepage

sohard4u

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 08 2004 at 10:08pm | IP Logged Quote sohard4u

Good God, why would anyone want to do that to a truck? The aftermarket accessories will absolutely kill your resale/trade-in value. It's like throwing away money.
Back to Top View sohard4u's Profile Search for other posts by sohard4u

RI Xterra
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 09 2004 at 7:05am | IP Logged Quote RI Xterra

sohard4u wrote:
Good God, why would anyone want to do that to a truck? The aftermarket accessories will absolutely kill your resale/trade-in value. It's like throwing away money.
It's about being different aka standing out from the crowd....

Allthough I don't understand why they would lift a 4X2 truck like the CST one...I mean if your gonna lift it to take it in the woods and what not then lift a 4X4...

As far as the trade in value goe you could always take the stuff off and sell it and make some of your money back...Almost every actually every vehicle I've owned was modified and when I traded them in I de-modded it and dealership never knew..

Back to Top View RI Xterra's Profile Search for other posts by RI Xterra Visit RI Xterra's Homepage

TrojanDan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 27 2004 at 2:24am | IP Logged Quote TrojanDan

The lift is a 7 or 8" lift.  The tires are 35"s.  I drove a KC w/8" CST lift, and it was great.  The truck didn't lose much acceleration, or handling and braking capabilities.  It is AWESOME!!!

They didn't make a kit for the 4x4...yet.  There are more components to a 4x4 drivetrain, and it is more time consuming and difficult to produce a firm, quality, long-lasting lift kit that won't screw up the truck over time.  The lift itself will definitely cost more than $2k, probably closer to $2.5k, and that doesn't include installation.

What are you talkin about sohard????  People do that for so many reasons, mine is to have more capability offroad.  I don't buy a car based on how much I can re-sell it for.  I buy a car to have fun and enjoy it.  It is more a waste of money if I don't modify it how I want, and do the things I want with it, than put a lift on.  And you're also way off that it'll decrease trade-in value.  For a person that wants a rig w/a lift kit already installed, that is priceless!  Way off bro, you're way off.

Back to Top View TrojanDan's Profile Search for other posts by TrojanDan

sohard4u

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 27 2004 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote sohard4u

Far be it for me to tell anyone how to "personalize" his/her vehicle.

I will say this, however. I've seen a few trucks on the road with lift kits. Unless they are spending more time off road than on a paved surface, they are making an already top heavy vehicle even more unstable. And considering that most people don't know how to drive, it's easy to see how, in some states, lift kits and the like are illegal.

Back to Top View sohard4u's Profile Search for other posts by sohard4u

fear this titan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 19 2004 at 8:03pm | IP Logged Quote fear this titan

Hey I have a SE extended cab with big tow and off road package. they only put 17" wheels on it. I have seen a 2" lift kit  or spacers, ? what will be my advavtage or disadvantage to doing this. I just have enough room to get under the truck to change the oil, it seems my F150 had a little more clearance.

GregV

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jul 20 2004 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote GregV

The 4x4 kit has been developed and I'm just waiting for the kits to be done. We have a production truck with the 4x4 kit for sale on our lot. We supplied the truck to CST for final fit. I will have the 4x4 kits soon, expect the price to be around $2200 or so.

Pictures can be found:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&am p;Board=roadtests&Number=67794110&Main=67794110#Post 67794110

All else fails go Fresh Alloy.com and click on the picture in the roadtests section

Same great service, same great prices. just getting better.
Back to Top View GregV's Profile Search for other posts by GregV Visit GregV's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version