Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Back to dealer for driver’s window again Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 28 2004 at 10:33am | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

I got my truck back barley over a month or so ago due to the driver's window not rolling backup after using the auto-down feature.

They repelaced both the door switch, then the motor otself, which had to be ordered and took almost 4 weeks itself to arrive.

This morning I'm dropping off movies at Hollywood Video, using the drive-up drop-off.  I hit the auto-down, get rid of the movies, then hit the auto-up..... window goes up about an inch then back down.  I keep hitting the switch and it keeps doing the same thing, plus the window switch was clicking, like it had a circuit breaker in it.

Finally, after letting the window sit for about 30 seconds, the window rolled back up normally.  It appears I can roll the window up and down just fine if I don't use the auto-up/auto-down feature.  I have an appointment to drop it back off at the dealer next MOnday, 10/04.  Hope they fix it this time.

Back to Top View EvilPeppard's Profile Search for other posts by EvilPeppard

6thsense

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 04 2004 at 9:16pm | IP Logged Quote 6thsense

How did this go?  I too have the window issue.....I thouht Nissan knew what was causing this issue.....Oh well.....I guess this will cost me 2 trips to the dealer....1 to look at it and tell me they have to order the part and 2 to get it fixed.....this sucks!!!
Back to Top View 6thsense's Profile Search for other posts by 6thsense

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 04 2004 at 9:20pm | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

6thsense wrote:
How did this go?  I too have the window issue.....I thouht Nissan knew what was causing this issue.....Oh well.....I guess this will cost me 2 trips to the dealer....1 to look at it and tell me they have to order the part and 2 to get it fixed.....this sucks!!!

I've been updating my issues regarding the latest window issue and a couple others on this thread.

critter
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Oct 05 2004 at 1:16pm | IP Logged Quote critter

sounds like a wiring issue or a computer issue.  for some reason the truck doesn't understand the auto function of the window controls.  let us know. 

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 05 2004 at 8:52pm | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

Got called from the dealer and they said my truck was ready to pick up.  They said they could find nothing wrong with the window.  I said "you are kidding!"

I gave them specific instructions on how to make the window "short out".  They said they would try and call me back later.  That was at 2pm (like they would have enough time to now fix it if they did find the problem).

At 3:30 I called them back, cause the guy (who I've never worked with before in the Service Dept) never called me back.  I talked to the Service Manager (who I normally work with) and they said they did get the "short" to happen, and replaced the master switch set on the driver's door.  This is now the second set of master switches and one driver's window motor I have had replaced.

I got to the dealer, picked up my truck and immediately checked the window.  Guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!....the thing "shorted" on the first try.  I went in, got the Assistant Service Manager, the Service Manager and the Technician who worked on the truck to demonstrate how the window would quit working. 

I push the auto-down, once the window was down, I do the auto-up and the window rises about one inch, then automatically goes back down, then stops responding for anywhere from 5 - 30 seconds.  You can keep trying to put the window back up and all it does is go up and inch, then back down, or doesn't respond at all.  They all seemed shocked when I showed them (and I demonstrated it repeatedly for them ).  BTW, during this test, I also did the passanger window and found it did the same thing, so now both from windows "short" when using the auto-down and auto-up feature.

They said they were going to overnight two more window motors, plus call Nissan to see if there was any more information on why this was happening.  I said it was crazy we had to keep replacing parts.

I have my truck back, but still have the window problems.  Incidentally, the windows work fine if I just use the normal up and down, not the auto feature.

I'll keep you posted.

P.S. When they replaced the master window switch this time. they didn't snap it back in place so one end is sticking up on the door panel arm rest now.  I called the dealer when I got home about this and they said it sounded like the Tech didn't snap the piece back in place correctly.

Mitch

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 06 2004 at 4:13pm | IP Logged Quote Mitch

The dealer replaced my reg and motor a few weeks back with no question for the very same reason..

1960 Resto Custom Bug (BOOSTED) 0-60 in 4.0
Back to Top View Mitch's Profile Search for other posts by Mitch Visit Mitch's Homepage

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 06 2004 at 4:35pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

It sure seems odd that many motors and switches would all be bad.....wonder if it is the window itself...maybe it is "binding" in its track and the resistance is kicking in the child safety feature or maybe if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the safety feature that would solve the problem????...is that what they were trying to do by replacing the motors?

6thsense

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 06 2004 at 8:53pm | IP Logged Quote 6thsense

I think Nissan needs to get there act together on this matter.   i go in to the dealer next week for this problem....they really need to figure this one out....

EvilPeppard
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 06 2004 at 9:16pm | IP Logged Quote EvilPeppard

Well, this will be my third trip back for the SAME window problem.  Only had the truck 6 months.

I understand the bugs need to be worked out in first year models, but this kinda sucks.

6thsense

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 06 2004 at 9:22pm | IP Logged Quote 6thsense

EvilPeppard wrote:
Well, this will be my third trip back for the SAME window problem.  Only had the truck 6 months.

I understand the bugs need to be worked out in first year models, but this kinda sucks.

Is 3 times the charm for the lemon law to kick in????

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version