Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Titan Modifications (Performance & Looks)
 Nissan Titan Forums : Titan Modifications (Performance & Looks)
Subject Topic: CarboTech Bobcat front pads available Nov Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
GregV

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 22 2004 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote GregV

The Carbotech front pads discussed here are going to be available soon, probably by November 1st. They are a cermaic compound that is a very nice improvement over stock, especially when towing. They offer less dusting, virtually eliminate fade, and haul down like crazy!

TitanForums member prices:
Pads alone $90
Pads and Stainless/Kevlar brake lines $240. Add $20 for a quart of synthetic brake fluid.

Please call or email with any questions or to make an order.

Same great service, same great prices. just getting better.
Back to Top View GregV's Profile Search for other posts by GregV Visit GregV's Homepage

WhiteShark

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Oct 22 2004 at 5:31pm | IP Logged Quote WhiteShark

Hi all first post! I'm considering getting a TITAN in the next 6-8 months.

I have these pads on my current car and their braking power is amazing and fade is non-existent. BUT do NOT believe that they are low dust! They dust like crazy. on the bright side it comes off much more easily than other pads I have used and they are virtually squeak free.

FYI
Back to Top View WhiteShark's Profile Search for other posts by WhiteShark

CactusJackSlade
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 05 2004 at 9:23pm | IP Logged Quote CactusJackSlade

Anybody see those aftermarket drilled and grooved rotors?... where did I see those? If I find them I will post a link...

CJS

CactusJackSlade
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 05 2004 at 9:37pm | IP Logged Quote CactusJackSlade

Here it is:

http://www.irotors.com/index2.html

Pretty nice?!

CJS

GregV

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 08 2004 at 7:48am | IP Logged Quote GregV

I now have the pads here in stock and ready to ship.

TitanForums member prices:
Front Pads alone $90
Front Pads and Stainless/Kevlar brake lines $240. Add $20 for a quart of synthetic brake fluid.

Same great service, same great prices. just getting better.
Back to Top View GregV's Profile Search for other posts by GregV Visit GregV's Homepage

titanmom

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 13 2004 at 1:21am | IP Logged Quote titanmom

Personally I feel that if you drill rotors you are compromising the integrity of the rotor.  I have cryo slotted rotors and Carbon/kevlar pads on the front of my 4X4 and I love them.  No fading and they make up for my following a little too close for driving such a big truck.  I swear by them and they are pretty too, never rust and not much break dust on the wheels anymore.  My hubbie used to warp rotors if he even looked at them on his SS Camaro, not since I put the cryo slotted rotors on his car from Applied Rotor Technologies and I now also have them on my Titan.  I highly recommend them.

IQ9*

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 18 2004 at 2:59pm | IP Logged Quote IQ9*

Do you have a link to a web site or the URL?

nutech

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 28 2004 at 8:54pm | IP Logged Quote nutech

Here is their web link

http://www.appliedrotortechnology.com 

Back to Top View nutech's Profile Search for other posts by nutech Visit nutech's Homepage

Johnboy

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 28 2004 at 11:58pm | IP Logged Quote Johnboy

Yikes!

600.00 bucks without tax and shipping. Ouch. Is this expense really needed? I have under 1000k on mine right now and wondering if these are really needed. Probably depends on driving habits. I tend to be pretty easy on my vehicles so i dont expect any problems with brake fade. The brake dust is pretty annoying so i can foresee a pad change for that but cant see a reason for new rotors yet.

Johnboy

PS They look awesome though

White 2004 LE 4X4 CC Nicknamed "BRUTUS"
---------------------------------------------------
I DRINK THE BEER I BREW DRINK!
Back to Top View Johnboy's Profile Search for other posts by Johnboy

nutech

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 29 2004 at 11:57am | IP Logged Quote nutech

Your correct Johnboy. That's the same thing we said. Yikes! But, these trucks are so new their rotors are not in the 3rd party network yet. We have to buy them over the counter from Nissan’s local dealers that is when we find one that will!
A service manager here in California, actually shows us a Nissan memo indicating not to sell to the 
customer directly but, to have the customers use their warranty program and the dealers would
 conduct the work to solve brake problems in general.
We were contacted by an owner that had found us in other forums (Ford,Dodge, etc.) when his dealer informed him that his next brake job would not be covered by Nissan’s warranty policies after he had gone thru 3 sets of brakes in less than a year. The cost is high currently due to no parts available. No rotors, no backing  plates for the pads.

We have to re-engineer the brake pads material with Carbon-Kevlar. Next, we machine the rotors to add our gas-ports and finally cryo-threat the rotors to reduce their austenite and porosity properties of their cast iron.

I don’t know the current cost of brake jobs at Nissan today for the Titian and Armada but, after two to three appointments to have your brakes worked on and your time spend waiting at the dealers, we had hoped these rotors would help reduce this nuisance everyone is experiencing.You maybe among the lucky ones as you don’t sound like your hauling heavy loads with your truck. However, poplar magazines did give these trucks high marks for its power to do so. But, they didn’t  say long enough to see how well the brakes held up to the stopping  forces needed to stop these trucks month after month when pulling those loads.

ART has been helping heavy duty truck owner’s extent their truck breaks for years and we have received great reviews from owner around the country. We’re simply trying to share this technology with the next set of victims of “design obsolescence” by the manufactures…
http://fordtrucks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265727
 http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat= &Board=UBB16
http://fordtrucks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262823
Back to Top View nutech's Profile Search for other posts by nutech Visit nutech's Homepage

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version