Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Service Engine Soon Light! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Geno

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 04 2004 at 8:39pm | IP Logged Quote Geno

I now have a very low 1800 miles on my SE and saw that my "Service Engine Soon" light had come on tonight. I opened the maunual to see if it doesn't mean what I was afraid it would mean and it says that it can be a loose gas cap or low on gas (less than 3 gallons). I do need to go fill up and will be on my way to give it a try right now. If this does make the light turn off then I would have to say that this is the worst way to tell someone they are low on gas. What ever happened to the old low fuel light indicator? My heart is in my throat right now. If the gas doesn't do the trick, then that means my brand new 30k+ truck is going to the shop. Now that pisses me off big time!

Any comments?

Regards,

Geno

Back to Top View Geno's Profile Search for other posts by Geno

Geno

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Nov 04 2004 at 9:29pm | IP Logged Quote Geno

I just got back from the gas station....just a few miles from my house. I filled up and stopped and started a few times in an effort to see if the service engine light would go off. Well it didn't, the manual does say however to give it a few "trips" to see if it clears. Now I'm just praying that everything is OK. My hope is that my trip home from the office tomorrow night will be clear of this stupid light. If it's still there I guess it's off to the shop to fix god knows what.

Geno

fox92020
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 05 2004 at 4:39pm | IP Logged Quote fox92020

Give it some time and it should go out if it was gas cap or low fuel related. "Service Engine Soon" light is emission related and with OBD II can indicate hundreds of codes.

It apparently is truly important to get that cap on until it clicks and make sure to keep the tank at least 1/4 full.

I hope it does turn off for you within a day or two...I'd say it will, especially if you ran it well below the 1/4 tank.

Back to Top View fox92020's Profile Search for other posts by fox92020

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 05 2004 at 6:19pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

Numerous people have posted that when their "low fuel" light comes on they still have apprx 6 gallons of fuel left. That is my personal experience as well. So if your "low fuel" light hadnt come on before the "service engine" light, or it took less than 25 gallons to fill up, I'd have to surmise that low fuel didnt cause the warning. I also know from experience that not getting the fuel cap on good and tight WILL cause the "check engine" light to come on. I think it even says to make it click 3 times on the fuel cap...hope its something simple like this....GL

ez4u2say

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 09 2004 at 7:02pm | IP Logged Quote ez4u2say

its happened to me several times and after a few days goes off , the dealer says no worry. However it came on yesterday and this morning the a/t light came on

I wouldnt hardly budge after putting it in gear. The dealer towed it to the shop and told me that a/t means automatic transmission . Well i thought my tranny was gone and i was pizzed. Luckily they said it was a fail safe system and that there was some sort of loop in the wires something to do with ecu and caused the glitch, fixed in less than 20 minutes.

Geno

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Nov 10 2004 at 9:27pm | IP Logged Quote Geno

Well good news!! The light went off after a couple of days and so all is well with the world.....at least for now. I still think that this is so stupid that this light would come on for low fuel or a less than torqued down gas cap. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for the factory on the window sensor issue.

ez4u2say

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 12 2004 at 9:33pm | IP Logged Quote ez4u2say

Well my light came on again last night service engine. Took it to the dealer sat there for a while and they said they would have to call Nissan to find out what to do. Told me it would probably be ok to drive home if i wanted to for the weekend. I crank it up at the dealer and then the a/t light comes on and it wont hardly move again, luckily i was still in front of service department. They got me a rental and said they would fix it asap. I am disabled and need dependability, I feel like that  is not ever going to happen or if its fixed i will ever feel that i have a dependable truck. should have kept my chevy..

thanks ,, guy m.

SUBTITAN

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 12 2004 at 9:48pm | IP Logged Quote SUBTITAN

Geno wrote:

Well good news!! The light went off after a couple of days and so all is well with the world.....at least for now. I still think that this is so stupid that this light would come on for low fuel or a less than torqued down gas cap. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for the factory on the window sensor issue.

I would take it in to have them pull the codes from the computer just to make sure it wasn't something else. You can also take it to AutoZone to pull the codes.
Back to Top View SUBTITAN's Profile Search for other posts by SUBTITAN

ez4u2say

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 17 2004 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote ez4u2say

they have pulled the codes and the light resets and asap comes back on again.

The service manager says he is baffled and the truck has issues. They have contacted Nissan and done everything nissan says to do and its been 7 days and my truck is still in the shop. Miss my avalance more and more , just wish they would give me another truck or my money back.

SUBTITAN

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 18 2004 at 9:42pm | IP Logged Quote SUBTITAN

Did they let you know what the code was?
Back to Top View SUBTITAN's Profile Search for other posts by SUBTITAN

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version