Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

General
 Nissan Titan Forums : General
Subject Topic: Waiting for the first idiot!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Geno

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 10 2004 at 9:39am | IP Logged Quote Geno

Since I purchased my Titan I have been going out of my way to park it as far away from any potential idiot that may elect to slam their door into the side of my truck. I guess that's the one thing about having a brand new truck that I hate. It's really amazing to see what people do in parking lots and I wonder why some folks are given drivers licenses. Yesterday I parked outside a store and was 300 feet away and nobody around me. When I came out some old ladies parked next to me and barely left enough room for me to be able to get back into my truck. This time I spent a few minutes looking for the potential ding they may have left (all clear this time). I figured that I should call people on it if it ever happens and make them pay for the repair. My last truck wound up with scratches and dings all caused by idiot's, and even when I witnessed the action I just got mad but never did anything. This time for sure I will act. Damage is damage!

I wish there was more respect for other peoples property but perhaps because I am in California I should expect that I will encounter idiot's at every turn.

Just me on my soapbox......Grrrrrrrrr

Geno

Back to Top View Geno's Profile Search for other posts by Geno

TRYAGN5

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 10 2004 at 10:45am | IP Logged Quote TRYAGN5

I just bought a new titan with 1100 miles i ran over a piece of metal...need new door now!!!!  Gotta love new trucks!!
Back to Top View TRYAGN5's Profile Search for other posts by TRYAGN5

Johnboy

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 12 2004 at 9:14pm | IP Logged Quote Johnboy

Geno,

I do the same thing as you, dont what to do if it happens? Do you treat it the same as a fenderbender? Exchange insurance?

White 2004 LE 4X4 CC Nicknamed "BRUTUS"
---------------------------------------------------
I DRINK THE BEER I BREW DRINK!
Back to Top View Johnboy's Profile Search for other posts by Johnboy

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 12 2004 at 10:41pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

I don't know about claiming insurance...Dont you have to have a police report to file a claim? Some folks might be honest enough to agree to do that, but I doubt many would.

When I was a teen and worked at Walmart I had to drive my Dads new truck to work one Saturday. A nice customer had me paged to the front and gave me a license plate # and told me that she witnessed a very rude woman slam her car door into my truck. We went out and looked at it. It left a creased dent in the door and took the paint off down to the metal. They told me the lady was screaming at her kids and thats what had gotten their attention. She then slammed open her door and they heard it BANG against my (dads) truck. They went over and asked the lady was she gonna do anything about the damage she just caused, and she snarled back at them "NO! I'm not!!" They then told her "Well I'm gonna write down your tag # and I will make sure the owner gets it!" The lady told them she "didn't care what they did" and sped off. I reluctantly gave my dad the # and the good Samaritan's phone #...he called her to thank her for going to all the trouble. But he never did anything to the rude woman, figured it wouldn't be worth the effort I guess.   

Oddball

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 13 2004 at 8:24am | IP Logged Quote Oddball

Mine had it's first door ding 2 days after I picked it up 

Not much I can do about it yet. I plan on pulling the driver side rear door and rolling out the ding since it's not a crease type dent but it bugs me.

Geno

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 13 2004 at 8:47pm | IP Logged Quote Geno

Hey Puffman,

You got to love that lady for giving you the license number. I wish your Dad had done something about that, but that's totally his call. It's really no different than a fender-bender. That one was especially bad because it was done on purpose and she had no regard for personal property. My guess is that she's done it again. I sometimes am glad I don't catch them in the act. I'm a big enough guy that I could cause some damage of my own on them and then I would wind up being sued myself. With any luck maybe one of her kids will grow up to put a dent in her melon.

Regards,

Geno

tda3
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 16 2004 at 7:10am | IP Logged Quote tda3

I feel your pain guys.  You should see my wife go off when we park the truck out in the back 40 only to return to find ONE FRIGGIN' car parked next to it and no other cars around.  She just about has a cow.

Mostly I park my Titan away from others 'cause it's easier to get in & out of parking spaces.  Well...and to avoid the dreaded door dings.

OTOH, door dings are the least of my worries.  I have started calling my truck the rock magnet.  If there's a rock to be kicked up by any vehicle's tire, it will be done so whenever my truck gets within range.  I'm convinced of it!  The other day I'm on the way home and just as I get get mid-way of passing a semi, I hear WHACK!  Sonafabitch!!!  Sure enough, when I get home I look and there's a rock scratch/hit on the lower portion of the front passenger door.  I mean, c'mon....what's the odds of a rock basically being kicked out sideways??  Hell, I took a rock hit hard enough in the windshield that within minutes I had a crack start.  I had to replace the windshield 2 days later with only 6000 miles on the truck.  ARGHHHHH...

Tom

DOBBER
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 16 2004 at 8:36am | IP Logged Quote DOBBER

I feel better know knowing that I am not the only one that has bad luck with new vehicles. I thought I was just cursed.

First new truck: Owned 6 months, totalled......  Damn deer.

Second truck: Bought used attempting to lift the curse. Kept this truck for five years and didn't even hit a blue jay.

Third truck: Used again. Not one ding.

Fourth truck: Bought new thinking the curse was off. Think again, Another damn deer.Passenger side front fender and door demolished.

Fifth truck: New again. Screw it...... This time drivers side door. Yep you guessed it deer again.

O and by the way, I don't hunt!!!

Geno

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 16 2004 at 10:18am | IP Logged Quote Geno

Hey Dobber,

I think technically you do hunt. Seems like your getting your limit.

DOBBER
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 16 2004 at 10:33am | IP Logged Quote DOBBER

ExactlyBut the old way would be cheaper

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version