Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Auto window up switch problem... STILL! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Loumorelli
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 31 2005 at 11:18am | IP Logged Quote Loumorelli

ClashoftheTITAN wrote:
I think I found your problem..  Do you, by chance, have the in channel vent visors installed on the windows?  It is the additional space  required for these that causes the window issue...

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem when I tried to install the "in channel" vent visors.  I brought them back and replaced them with the vent visors that are mounted on the outside of the window channel.  They use double sided sticky tape.  I have had no issues with the windows since I installed the new went visors. 

NajJustice

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 31 2005 at 11:36am | IP Logged Quote NajJustice

I have had a problem with the window not going up as well.  It seems to occur mostly when it is very cold outside.  I usually have to wait a few seconds and then it goes back up again.  Definately a pain in the ass.

Justin

Back to Top View NajJustice's Profile Search for other posts by NajJustice

dontbuytitan04

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 31 2005 at 5:15pm | IP Logged Quote dontbuytitan04

Windows Update. My windows still work great after the dealer replace the switches for both front windows.

bman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 28 2005 at 9:18pm | IP Logged Quote bman

I've had this same problem a couple of times and I don't think its that big of deal if you realize what probably happened. If the window switch is quickly pulled up and you let it snap back down, the switch will go down fast enough to hit the auto down button. If this is done when the window is all the way down you would see the window come up about an inch before it goes back down. It then seems to take a couple seconds for the switch to reset and find which position the window is in. I don't think this is a problem with any components, just a quirk of the system.

Back to Top View bman's Profile Search for other posts by bman

dontbuytitan04

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 28 2005 at 9:36pm | IP Logged Quote dontbuytitan04

Bman, I got my switches replaced under the TSB and now for 2 months never a problem.

tda3
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 01 2005 at 7:31am | IP Logged Quote tda3

Sorry bman, but I have to disagree.  Either that or I am the exception rather than the rule.  To wit......

I had my switches replaced, but my driver's side window will still hang up every so often regardless of how I operate the auto up/down switch.  To prevent this issue from occurring, I make a concious effort to not have the window roll all the way down.  The auto up feature then works every time regardless of how the switch is operated.  And I agree with Justine - it's a PITA.

Personally, I think, however quirky the switch may be, it is unacceptable.  There are many car makers out there that have this feature and I can assure you they don't have the problem we have.  To me it's real simple - if Nissan's engineers can't figure out how to make it work, then just go buy the damn design from Acura or Lexus or whomever and move on.

Tom

Todd TCE

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 02 2005 at 8:40am | IP Logged Quote Todd TCE

I got it to 'do it' again right after leaving the dealer, after they replaced the switch. Oh well, it sucks but I guess I'll learn to live with it.

harleytitan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 08 2005 at 10:14pm | IP Logged Quote harleytitan

i just had my switch replaced but it did it for both windows the pass switch also did the same thing i just had this fixed but i hope i don't have any problems with them especially when you are at a take out window that is were it seems to do it the most..lol...my brother has a 2003 f150 and he has the same problem with his ford hasn't fixed his problem yet.

harleytitan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 08 2005 at 10:18pm | IP Logged Quote harleytitan

as far as the weather factor i live in florida and it was in the 80s when it first started doing the window sticking so i disagree with the cold making the windows not work right you are right it is unacceptable they need to fix the problem the first time..they accually ran my truck into something thank god it was somethng plastic so i had the get some rubbing compound and fix it what a pain.. i use to work in a service dept at a dealership and if i even scrapped a car i made sure to fix the scratch what is up with these guys..lol...

newhope

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 10 2005 at 11:01am | IP Logged Quote newhope

I CALLED MY SERVICE DEPT. TO GET MY BRAKES FIXED NEXT WEEK. I ASKED ABOUT THE TSB ON THE WINDOWS THEY THEY HAD NOT HEARD OF ONE. IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME HOW TO FIND THIS SO I CAN HAVE BOTH DONE AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFULL  P.S. THEY ARE ONLY GOING TO TURN MY ROTOR AND INSTALL THE FIX IT KIT DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THE 100,000.MILE WARRANTY WHEN THIS IS DONE   SNOOPY WHAT DEALER ARE YOU WORKING WITH I LIVE IN TUSCALOOSA AL         &nbs p;        THANKS.
Back to Top View newhope's Profile Search for other posts by newhope

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version