Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Brake Issues Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
110ROADY

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 26 2006 at 7:27pm | IP Logged Quote 110ROADY

h46crewchf wrote:

I've got an 06 4x2 KC SE with big tow and after about 300 miles on the odometer I started feeling the pedal and steering wheel had a slight vibration. I am sitting in the dealership as I type for them to fix it (laptop with air card, gotta love it!). I now have 1150 miles on it. I will post an update again later.

I have a 06 KC, XE and after 250 miles I started getting a vibration in the steering wheel and it only happens when the tach is say 1,000-1.200 rpms going slow, then I smell a rubber burning smell like the serpinteen belt is slipping. One day It happened rite in front of the nissian dealer where I bought the truck and I had the service guy come out and he smelled it too, so I left it over night and figured they wouldn't find any thing wrong with it, sure enough they didn't.Got home at eight miles away and the vibration came back as I coasted with the truck at slow speeds and the smell was there again. Personnaly I think its maybe a slipping belt tensioner? Any of you guys experience that also?I now have just under 1,000 miles and it still has that vibration and smell now and then.

02 SILVER YAMAHA FZ1(best naked bike on the planet)
Back to Top View 110ROADY's Profile Search for other posts by 110ROADY

h46crewchf

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 27 2006 at 12:20am | IP Logged Quote h46crewchf

According to the ASE Master Technician at the dealership I have a tire problem not a brake problem. He said it was due to the aggressive tread pattern for the tire. KINDA FUNNY HOW I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH MY 315/75/R16 BFG A/T's THAT I HAD ON MY Z71 THAT I TRADED IN, OR ON MY '82 CJ7 WITH 33" BFG M/T's ON IT.  It has gotten worse as the miles keep rolling. I can now feel it as I declerate without the brakes applied. Narrows the brakes out, but before I couldn't feel it unless I was on the brakes. Still at 40mph and lower. I don't think this problem is going to fix itself or even get any better (until the tires are bald LOL). Is there any recourse for the tires that are way to aggressive for me and my TITAN???  HAHAHA

Dave

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Aug 27 2006 at 7:21am | IP Logged Quote Dave

For what it's worth, I run stock-sized BFG ATs on my '04 Titan with no problems.  I had the brake vibration issue before I swapped tires and had it fixed after I swapped - no issue.  The AT all-in-all isn't a very aggressive tire (I also run MTs on my off-road Jeep).

Back to Top View Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Dave

noel55

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 27 2006 at 7:33am | IP Logged Quote noel55

only thing aggressive here is the lies from the tech
Back to Top View noel55's Profile Search for other posts by noel55

miserytom

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 27 2006 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote miserytom

im running BFG AT 315-70-17's on mine, never a problem

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 28 2006 at 7:50pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

Had the brake TSB done on my truck this weekend. Wasnt havin any problems but I was told by a Nissan service rep that I should have it updated anyway since I had 39K on it....oh well, free brake job....lol ...now if I could just figure out how to get some free tires in about 6 mths ...lol

Grego

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 14 2006 at 8:55pm | IP Logged Quote Grego

I have a 2004 Titan crew cab.

The first set of brakes warped and did the JUDDER at 11000 miles. Had them replaced with the updated

pads and rotor repair program.

The Judder and poor stopping returned at 38000

replaced pads again.

Now the big one, The brakes failed at 42000 miles the truck would not stop. The pedal went to the floor board and then violently slammed back towards my foot. We stopped by putting the truck in first gear. We were only 3/4 of a mile from the dealership. We arrived by pushing the pedal all the way to the floor in order to stop.  Three hours later the Service writer says there is nothing wrong with the brakes. Has this happened to anyone out there?

This was not imaginary there was two of us in the truck. We just had the brakes replaced by these guys 4000 miles ago          Any help out there?

Back to Top View Grego's Profile Search for other posts by Grego

noel55

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 14 2006 at 9:34pm | IP Logged Quote noel55

It is a TSB there is now way they should let you leave with that truck in that condition.  At this point you have to choose one of two things.  Go back to the dealer and demand the fix from Nissan for the Titan and don't leave till you get it or get a lwyer and file your truck under the lemon law act and get away from it.
Back to Top View noel55's Profile Search for other posts by noel55

pied_piper
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 09 2007 at 8:23am | IP Logged Quote pied_piper

I haven't had any brake problems yet, '04 w/ 18500 miles, but I am considering upgrading the rotors to some aftermarket rotors just to avoid a future problem. After hearing other problems of people brakes failing and most dealerships not taking the correct action, I think this would be the best, not cheapest, way of avoiding the problem. Who else has done this, and was it worth it?
Back to Top View pied_piper's Profile Search for other posts by pied_piper

titaness

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Mar 12 2007 at 5:09pm | IP Logged Quote titaness

I'm late getting to the forum, but I am on my 5th brake repair.  Already had the

complete overhaul on the "service bulletin", now they tell me this is a different problem.  Still brakes, still been in for the same symptoms, vibration, overheating, etc.  BUT , now I am at 36,000 mile warranty deadline.  They keep

telling me that this is different and warranty probably will not cover.  BYe Bye, Nissan!

Back to Top View titaness's Profile Search for other posts by titaness

<< Prev Page of 26 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version