Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Brake Issues Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
crundell
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 29 2007 at 7:51pm | IP Logged Quote crundell

crundell wrote:

Yea,  It definitely seems to be an electrical issue CAUSING a mechanical issue.  I'll post my findings once I've made it to the dealership.  This problem (if it occurred at the wrong time) could be very painful.

I'll keep ya posted. 

Finally made it to the dealership. Nissan of Frisco, Texas.  They said that there was some problem in the coding causing a false activation of the anti-lock system.  They said they needed to reboot or reprogram the system.  They CHARGED me to do the reprogram...I couldn't believe Nissan would have the gall to charge me for this service.  The truck is still under the full warranty.  What do you guys think about them charging me?  Should I complain?

Back to Top View crundell's Profile Search for other posts by crundell

noel55

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 29 2007 at 8:25pm | IP Logged Quote noel55

HELL YEAH YOU BETTER COMPLAIN
Back to Top View noel55's Profile Search for other posts by noel55

tank

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jun 04 2007 at 7:53pm | IP Logged Quote tank

Have a '04 nissan titan, went in for brake judder at 3,200 miles.  fixed the problem for a while, back in again at 25,000 miles with a soft pedal, and now  in again because the pedal goes all the way to the floor.  one dealership said there was nothing wrong with it, took it to another dealership and they wouldn't let me drive it, saying something was drastically wrong with the brakes.  put on master cylinder and booster said it was fixed, didn't even leave the parking lot pedal went all the way to the floor.  the service manager said the brakes work intermittently, that's how nissan brakes work!!!!!   the lemon law doesn't apply in ohio because the problems didn't occur in the first 18 mos or 1st year. I did file a complaint with the BBB, i feel the vechicle is NOT safe, if anyone has any suggestions, i need to build a case.

Back to Top View tank's Profile Search for other posts by tank

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 04 2007 at 8:41pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

tank wrote:

Have a '04 nissan titan, went in for brake judder at 3,200 miles.... in again because the pedal goes all the way to the floor.  one dealership said there was nothing wrong with it,.....  the service manager said the brakes work intermittently, that's how nissan brakes work!!!!! ......

Not trying to start an arguement and I dont doubt that you might have a brake problem...but there's no way I believe a service mgr would admit your brakes only work part of the time and then tell you that was 'normal' ....sorry I dont buy that....anyone else?

crundell
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 04 2007 at 10:48pm | IP Logged Quote crundell

By the way, my problem has returned.  Only stayed fixed for a few months.  Exact same problem.  Back to the dealership.........

Yea,  It definitely seems to be an electrical issue CAUSING a mechanical issue.  I'll post my findings once I've made it to the dealership.  This problem (if it occurred at the wrong time) could be very painful.

I'll keep ya posted. 

[/QUOTE]

Finally made it to the dealership. Nissan of Frisco, Texas.  They said that there was some problem in the coding causing a false activation of the anti-lock system.  They said they needed to reboot or reprogram the system.  They CHARGED me to do the reprogram...I couldn't believe Nissan would have the gall to charge me for this service.  The truck is still under the full warranty.  What do you guys think about them charging me?  Should I complain?

[/QUOTE]
Back to Top View crundell's Profile Search for other posts by crundell

thepuffman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 04 2007 at 10:52pm | IP Logged Quote thepuffman

Unless youve done something to void the warranty, I cant figure why they would say it wasnt covered???

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 26
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version