Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Titan vs Dodge
 Nissan Titan Forums : Titan vs Big 3 And Japan Rival : Titan vs Dodge
Subject Topic: anybody run against a hemi yet (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Johnboy

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 06 2004 at 1:39pm | IP Logged  

Earl,

A good friend of mine had a chevy conversion van (god was that thing heavy!), what an awesome vehicle that was. Took it on a 4 day drip when i was stationed in Iceland. I was impressed with the turning radius that it had, seemed to be the same as a cars (not an expert on this as i only drove her a little while) or very close to one.

Funny thing is that our Titans turning doesn't bother me at all, in fact if i hadn't read it here i never would have thought about it. Maybe because it is a pretty big truck i automatically adjusted my driving habits for it? LOL i dunno

John

White 2004 LE 4X4 CC Nicknamed "BRUTUS"
---------------------------------------------------
I DRINK THE BEER I BREW DRINK!
Back to Top View Johnboy's Profile Search for other posts by Johnboy

STEELMAN

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 25 2004 at 7:06pm | IP Logged  

I have a HEMI. I raced a titan while I was pulling a 705lb lawn mower on a small trailer. This guy pulls up next to me with an obvious new titan at a stop light. He rolls the window down and says "you got a hemi" I laughed at him and say "yes". He says "lets see what it has" I say "are you freekin crazy, I got a trailer hooked to me" He says "I thought those hemis were supposed to beat everything even pulling a trailer" I say "Ok lets do it". I put it in tow mode and waited for the light. Light turns green, we both floor it. I pull on him out of the hole with a little tire spin, about a truck length. After I hit 75 in a 45 mph I let off and he was at my passenger side door. He then lets off and makes a right turn to avoid the humilliation! The titan is fast,but dont think it has anything for the hemi! I have been looking for him around town without a trailer, but he wont show. I only have minor mods like, true duals,and k&n, and the tranny flash. Now thats a but whoopin!  SMOKED A TITAN WHILE I WAS PULLING A TRAILER.....HAHAHAHAHA!

earlofcrankcase

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 01 2005 at 7:58am | IP Logged  

705 lbs ain't much of a load. The extra weight on that ass probably helped you at the light. Definately hurt you on the top. Doesn't sound like you got to use any your top end advantage though. Wish I was there. Don't know if I would have seen much of a butt woopin. Damn sure Would have seen some butt wagin if the road got tight. Be cool. They don't look so good when their all lumpy. 

Mitch

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 24 2005 at 2:24pm | IP Logged  

STEELMAN wrote:
I have a HEMI. I raced a titan while I was pulling a 705lb lawn mower on a small trailer. This guy pulls up next to me with an obvious new titan at a stop light. He rolls the window down and says "you got a hemi" I laughed at him and say "yes". He says "lets see what it has" I say "are you freekin crazy, I got a trailer hooked to me" He says "I thought those hemis were supposed to beat everything even pulling a trailer" I say "Ok lets do it". I put it in tow mode and waited for the light. Light turns green, we both floor it. I pull on him out of the hole with a little tire spin, about a truck length. After I hit 75 in a 45 mph I let off and he was at my passenger side door. He then lets off and makes a right turn to avoid the humilliation! The titan is fast,but dont think it has anything for the hemi! I have been looking for him around town without a trailer, but he wont show. I only have minor mods like, true duals,and k&n, and the tranny flash. Now thats a but whoopin!  SMOKED A TITAN WHILE I WAS PULLING A TRAILER.....HAHAHAHAHA!

Troll! Look at all the road test data on the net and the Titan and Hemi are close the Titan being a little faster and with 705lbs in the back you would get smoked. Old post but I couldn't resist

1960 Resto Custom Bug (BOOSTED) 0-60 in 4.0
Back to Top View Mitch's Profile Search for other posts by Mitch Visit Mitch's Homepage

Cronus
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 24 2005 at 2:54pm | IP Logged  

Just a reminder to keep it fun guys! Avoid name calling please. (See Forum Rules)

That being said... glad to hear a Titan will take on a Hemi any day! Win or lose!

I'm itiching for my chance.

My Titan @ SLLAR.com
Back to Top View Cronus's Profile Search for other posts by Cronus Visit Cronus's Homepage

Kevante

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 24 2005 at 4:43pm | IP Logged  

A friend of mine has a hemi. Damn it must suck to be in second place. I wouldn't know since I meet him aal the time. Watch out for those s-10 with the vortec v-6. I raced one and just beet him. tough little truck.

Mitch

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 24 2005 at 4:57pm | IP Logged  

Thats why Dodge is coming out with a bigger 6.1L Hemi to try to keep up with our little 5.6L

1960 Resto Custom Bug (BOOSTED) 0-60 in 4.0
Back to Top View Mitch's Profile Search for other posts by Mitch Visit Mitch's Homepage

hpinuts

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 06 2005 at 8:09pm | IP Logged  

hey guys, you do reallize both the titan and the ram both have hemis right? i smoked my dad at sears point raceway at the wed night drags. after i beat him i put the "Who needs a hemi?" sticker on my rear window.

pied_piper
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 06 2005 at 11:05pm | IP Logged  

My last truck was a S-10. I loved it for the most part. But I'm kinda a big guy, so it was funny seeing me in a little truck. LOVE the Titan. Haven't raced a Hemi yet but smoked a Jeep Wrangler. Light turned green and he took off, so I took off and gave him a straw cuz he sucked.
Back to Top View pied_piper's Profile Search for other posts by pied_piper

Yllib137

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 10 2005 at 8:41am | IP Logged  

Hey Guys:

I understand that Hemi got its history, and for that my respect.  The thing is where is that motor located,  on a Ram.   My 5.6 is equal or better than that Hemi anytime.  And my Titan is the better combination Truck the any Doge can make. 

<< Prev Page of 7 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version