Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Titan vs Dodge
 Nissan Titan Forums : Titan vs Big 3 And Japan Rival : Titan vs Dodge
Subject Topic: anybody run against a hemi yet (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
bigbear05
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 10 2005 at 8:46am | IP Logged  

I was going to race one, pretty sure i would have beat him except a black and white crown vic with red and blue lights on top beat me to it.

04 Nissan Titan SE KC

Mods:
K&N Drop-in
Flowmaster 40 series exhaust
Firestone Destination A/T's
Aftermarket Hitch

Back to Top View bigbear05's Profile Search for other posts by bigbear05

tjjtande

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 16 2005 at 4:23pm | IP Logged  

HEMI_Engine wrote:
You guys are all f**king boneheads. Nissan isn't spanking anything. Have you all cinsidered that the HEMI Rams are a little bit heavier than the Titan? The HEMI is the most respected engine in automotive history. You Titan owners are not paying proper respect to it by saying you "smoked" it. You are all smoking crack if you think your engine is better than the HEMI.

(Now,Now be Nice)Should have done your home work a little better, I have a CC 4X4 LE which has a curb weight of 5278 Lbs, the curb weight on a Dodge 4X4 Quad cab is 5253, actually lighter, my friend who has a 2004 with a Hemi can't stick with me, get him out of the hole every time and he never catches up, can't say I can smoke him but I am at least 3 to 4 body lengths ahead of him, when we hook up to our enclosed trailers I pull away from him even quicker (just the way it is!!!!!!)

Back to Top View tjjtande's Profile Search for other posts by tjjtande

tjjtande

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 16 2005 at 4:31pm | IP Logged  

STEELMAN wrote:
I have a HEMI. I raced a titan while I was pulling a 705lb lawn mower on a small trailer. This guy pulls up next to me with an obvious new titan at a stop light. He rolls the window down and says "you got a hemi" I laughed at him and say "yes". He says "lets see what it has" I say "are you freekin crazy, I got a trailer hooked to me" He says "I thought those hemis were supposed to beat everything even pulling a trailer" I say "Ok lets do it". I put it in tow mode and waited for the light. Light turns green, we both floor it. I pull on him out of the hole with a little tire spin, about a truck length. After I hit 75 in a 45 mph I let off and he was at my passenger side door. He then lets off and makes a right turn to avoid the humilliation! The titan is fast,but dont think it has anything for the hemi! I have been looking for him around town without a trailer, but he wont show. I only have minor mods like, true duals,and k&n, and the tranny flash. Now thats a but whoopin!  SMOKED A TITAN WHILE I WAS PULLING A TRAILER.....HAHAHAHAHA!

Have a 04 Titan CC 4X4 Big Tow & Off Road Package, buddy has a 04 Dodge Quad Cab with the Hemi, both stock, pulling our enclosed trailers (5000 Lbs) I run away from him quite easily, empty I can still stay ahead of him but don't pull away as far 3 to 4 body lengths and that's where we stay, took off from a stop light against another Hemi late on evening and the outcome was the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to Top View tjjtande's Profile Search for other posts by tjjtande

Wickedliquids

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 16 2005 at 6:36pm | IP Logged  

Hemi's are not that hard to beat - I was going to buy one actually before looking at the titans and let me tell you something - if you guys pop that dodge hood open, you'll see it's not even a real hemispheric engine.  345 hp?  on a perfect day, with no wind, not a single pebble on the ground of a perfectly even asphault road, you MIGHT feel the full 345 on it.  I test drove it and I was sorely disappointed.  I had tried a Durango too and all I could say was - WTH??!! That's a v-8??!! You're kidding me.  The hemi realistically has probably more around 320 to 325 hp, but not 345 - sorry , don't believe it.
Back to Top View Wickedliquids's Profile Search for other posts by Wickedliquids

pied_piper
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 16 2005 at 11:43pm | IP Logged  

"The Hemi is the most respected engine and you guys aren't blah blah blah blah blah..."

Ok, I'm not a true motorhead, but I do know that Hemi is a good engine. So is Catipiller. So is Honda. But that doesn't mean that there isn't room for improvement. As far as what I think, Nissan has been able to do a hell of a job on a stock engine, that comes standard on all their Titans, without having to push some overly priced "Special Edition" down our throats, i.e. the new Dodge Big Horn. If all standard issued trucks came out with the same engine, what the hell would engineers be doing with their free time? Five years from now, someone else will have a bigger and better and badder stock engine on their trucks, but right now, it belongs to the TITAN.

Back to Top View pied_piper's Profile Search for other posts by pied_piper

noel55

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 01 2005 at 12:19pm | IP Logged  

Can you say auto 4x4 standard, auto trans standard, chrome standard, 18 inch tires standard,  5.6 L engine standard need I go on Dodge sucks ass but I still love my 68 Dodge D-100 Utiline can't kill a 225 slant 6
Back to Top View noel55's Profile Search for other posts by noel55

earlofcrankcase

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 01 2005 at 5:52pm | IP Logged  

Saw two Rice Burners going at it today. They were on a side street. Thought to my self. That's a weird place to be talking. Just as I went through the intersection. They hit it. Don't know which was worse. The high pitch squeel of those little tires. Or the two coffee can sized mufflers, but I busted out laughing. Freaked my dog out something fierce. At the same time I dug the lawlessness in it.  Stay young as long as you can my brothers.   

shizod
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 21 2005 at 11:11am | IP Logged  

earlofcrankcase wrote:

Good to hear! I've spanked a couple down low. Bad too. Figured they were backing off for traffic. Next time I take my boat to the lake. I'm looking for a lightning doing the same. Long shot right? Ya, think we all know why too.LOL

Dont do it against a lightning, unfortunatly I lost not beat but lost just a little.

volant intake
HID conversion 5000K
Back to Top View shizod's Profile Search for other posts by shizod

shizod
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 21 2005 at 11:14am | IP Logged  

I raced a hemi, it was a crew cab 4x4, I am a KC 2wd so the obvious winner was going to be me but he still wanted to go so I spanked him. Thank god theres not a lot of cops in Savannah I was hauling butt.

volant intake
HID conversion 5000K
Back to Top View shizod's Profile Search for other posts by shizod

earlofcrankcase

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 22 2005 at 6:59pm | IP Logged  

Your boat must have been a hell of a lot bigger than his.

<< Prev Page of 7 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version