Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Mobile Audio / Electronics
 Nissan Titan Forums : Mobile Audio / Electronics
Subject Topic: Sirius Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SuperRay

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 08 2004 at 12:17am | IP Logged Quote SuperRay

Can't speak for your particular reciever, but I have an XM Roady2 in my truck and in the menus I have an option to adjust the output level to the output jack. Note that this option is not available if you are using the FM transmitter to recieve your audio, meaning make sure you cable is connected before looking for the menu feature (if it's avaiable). As always, read the manual for your particular unit for a similar feature. Hope that helps.

One other thing, for some who are looking to mount their radio in a more unobstrusive way, I purchased a mounting clip from ProClip USA www.proclipusa.com and then used the existing mounting from the XM (or Sirrius) unit. A little more custom look, but the clips will run you around $30. Clean, and no damage is done to the dash, no holes to drill and mounting take a couple minutes.

Ray

Back to Top View SuperRay's Profile Search for other posts by SuperRay

Ghostface

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Dec 08 2004 at 3:48am | IP Logged Quote Ghostface

Thanx for the response.

Did not see and output level adjustment but will look through the manual again just incase I missed it.  Also found some other discussions at another site mentioning the use of this headphone volume booster.  If I can't find a menu option might give that a try.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&ca talog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=33-1109

BigD

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 08 2004 at 4:58am | IP Logged Quote BigD

What I did was I upped the output level, in my reciever, it was under "settings" or "audio settings", something like that.  Also, if you are using a mini-to-mini (this is what you need if you go from the reciever to the AUX output), it may not be a stereo one.  Try adjusting the truck's audio balance all to one side and then all the way to the other to test it.  If you find it is not coing in stereo, I suggest going through Monster Cable's website and get their mini-to-mini cable.  It's what I did, andit gave me steroe sound, and it improved the sound quality quite a bit.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version