Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Titan Modifications (Performance & Looks)
 Nissan Titan Forums : Titan Modifications (Performance & Looks)
Subject Topic: CarboTech Bobcat front pads available Nov Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
titanmom

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 29 2004 at 1:01pm | IP Logged Quote titanmom

Johnboy,  If you can deal with the time and energy going to the dealer for breaks until they will no longer cover them under warranty then do it.  But after that point in my humble but extensive break experienced problem opinion it is worth the money.  ART doesn't give themselves credit.  Their literature says that they will increase the break life for a Suburban by 2X in my personal experience it was 4X the break life for my now sold Suburban.

I am hoping for the same with my Titan though I haven't had their front rotors on my truck long enough to tell yet.  I did have to replace the pads and have the stock rotors turned at 10K miles which Nissan didn't cover they said it was normal wear for a vehicle of that weight and it cost me the pads and the labor to turn the rotors which was almost $300.  Do that every 10K miles and it adds up quick.  That is when I called ART and begged them for a set of rotors or at least pads for my truck.

At the very least purchasing the pads alone until the dealer won't cover the rotors anymore is worth it. The pads alone gave me a little more stopping power and 2/3rd's less dust on the front wheels.  I am such a fanatic about stopping power because I have to drive in rush hour traffic sometimes and I opted not to wait for Nissan.  Yes the price is steep for the rotors from ART but so is the price if you rear end someone because you can't stop in time.  I know because I have had 4 separate spinal fusion surgeries because someone didn't stop in time (in my now sold Taurus) and I wouldn't wish that on anyone and I certainly don't want to be the cause of it for anyone.

Take a close look at what the cost is going to be to replace pads every 10K miles because even if you are easy on the breaks they are not going to last 20K I would be willing to bet you on that.  The truck is just too heavy.

The rotors do look awesome and stay that way.  They never rust and stay looking pretty through the spokes of the wheels.  But I am a girl and like pretty.  Good luck with your new truck and your breaks and I think you will be surprised at how soon they wear out.  Keep a close eye on them.

GregV

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Nov 30 2004 at 8:14am | IP Logged Quote GregV

Wow, my thread got seriously hi-jacked!

Same great service, same great prices. just getting better.
Back to Top View GregV's Profile Search for other posts by GregV Visit GregV's Homepage

been there

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 16 2004 at 2:48pm | IP Logged Quote been there

04 crewcab 4x4 same as tested in off road magazine with upgrades. just got back from kragens. they have ceramic pads for the 04 titan at 51.00 a set. i have had these pads before on a chev van, was happy with the diff in dust and stopping.

Johnboy

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 26 2004 at 2:04am | IP Logged Quote Johnboy

Titanmom,

Good advice and taken well. Sorry took so long to reply. I do hate the brake dust issue, gets annoying to have clean rims messed up after just the first drive! I can definetly see a pad change at the minimum. I am sure that the ART discs are awesome (have not read/heard anything negative yet), but they are not in my budget right now. So unfortunatly i will have to play the stupid dealer game and waste my time. I have only 1300 miles so far so i have not had the chance to experience the brake wear problems yet.

Thanks for you informative and kind post

Johnboy

White 2004 LE 4X4 CC Nicknamed "BRUTUS"
---------------------------------------------------
I DRINK THE BEER I BREW DRINK!
Back to Top View Johnboy's Profile Search for other posts by Johnboy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version